Cube maintain your wine’s quality!

Did you know that about 99% of wines produced in the world are already at their peak the day they are released, and the remaining 1% are meant to be aged as they improve over time? In wine aging, storage condition is key as wine is very sensitive to its environment. However, this doesn’t mean that the majority of wines that do not require aging can be stored carelessly.

Wines are like living things — they grow older, and as they get older their taste and texture change. But when a wine is exposed to fluctuating temperature, direct sunlight or bright light, and dry storage room, its quality diminished and it won’t age to be a better wine.

Today, wine connoisseurs, wine merchants, and event management companies turn to self storage for temporary and/or long-term wine storage. Whether you want to store your wine for future investment, personal wine collection, for your bars and restaurants, or simply storing them for an upcoming big event, here are four reasons why you should consider Cube Self Storage’s climate controlled facility.

1. Temperature

All wines thrive better in optimum environment. As a general rule of thumb, the colder the temperature, the longer your wine will take to mature, and this would increase the shelf life of your wine. At warmer temperature, your wine will develop faster, which also means that it will have a shorter shelf life. An optimum temperature would be about 13 degree Celsius. If you are cellaring your wines at this temperature, they will enjoy a long, slow evolution, and gradually develop that complex taste that would surprise your palate. For temporary storage (a month to a couple of years), your wines will maintain their great quality and taste.

At Cube Self Storage, we are proud of our climate controlled storage because we control the temperature up to 1 degree Celsius of accuracy. This is important because fluctuating temperature is the greatest enemy of wine.

2. Humidity

Storing your wine in our climate controlled storage prevents your wines from creating big ullage (the space pocket between the cork and the wine). At Cube Self Storage, we control the humidity level of our storage to prevent dryness that could increase the ullage size. A big ullage translates to unwanted oxidation that could spoil your wine. Simultaneously, we ensure that our storage is not too humid in order to prevent the labels affixed to your wine bottles from damage.

3. Light and vibration

At Cube Self Storage, not only our team of experts maintain the temperature and humidity of our climate controlled facility, we are also ready to provide bespoke solutions to your wine storage requirements. We understand that strong light and vibration could alter wine’s delicate chemical makeup through unwanted chemical reactions. Therefore, we can provide you with bespoke wine cases, or simply use our plastic crates and boxes.

4. Extra Services

With 24 hours digital CCTV installed both inside and outside our building, as well as burglar and fire alarm, we can guarantee that your wine is secured. Additionally, as wines are financially valuable, we offer optional insurance for you so that you can have that extra peace of mind while storing with us.

To give you the best storage experience at Cube Self Storage, we offer you collection and delivery services. You don’t have to worry about the hassle of transporting your wines to your events, we will manage that for you. Furthermore, we have flexible leases (no long-term liability), and flexibility to increase or decrease your wine storage space as you require.

Now, all you have to do to enjoy these hassle-free services and a reliable wine storage is to give us a call on 0800 027 2668. You can also send us an email, or visit our facility.